If you are traveling to Disney, I’m sure that you are trying to figure out what to do on your vacation. With so many of the best rides at Disney World stretched across four parks, it can definitely be a bit daunting when trying to figure out what to do. As someone who has been to Disney World many times, I definitely have an opinion on what the best rides at Disney World are. While some of you may prefer some other Disney rides at Epcot, Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom, these are only my personal favorites.
With this list, keep in mind that I am an adult so my personal choices may be slightly different than yours. For this reason, take everything I say with that in mind. I decided not to include Hollywood Studios in this list only because I have only been there once. Previously MGM Studios, Hollywood Studios is a theme park I haven’t visited in about 20 years. So for this reason you will not find anything about Hollywood Studios on this list. I have never been to Disneyland in California so this list is only going to be about Disney World in Orlando Florida. Many of the rides at Magic Kingdom in Orlando also exist at Disneyland in California. The Magic Kingdom is meant to be somewhat of a mirror of Disneyland.
Best Disney Rides at Magic Kingdom
The Magic Kingdom at Disney World is probably the most famous theme park on the planet. Whenever anybody thinks of Disney theme parks, the majority would agree that they think of such famous icons as Cinderella Castle, It’s a Small World, Main Street U.S.A. The Magic Kingdom has some of the best rides at Disney World. The Magic Kingdom was originally envisioned by Walt Disney to be a theme park for everyone, not just children. You can really see that in the way the park was designed. Walt Disney wanted to make a park where families could come from all over and every person in the group would have fun.
All these years later, the Disney rides at Magic Kingdom may sometimes seem a bit dated yet classic. If you are going with any children, this is sure to be their favorite park. During my most recent trip to Disney World, I came with my family. I have 2 nieces under the age of 10 and they both loved Magic Kingdom. You can see why this is the kids favorite park, with it being the kids choice for best rides at Disney World. With countless iconic rides and attractions at the Magic Kingdom, it is almost impossible to see everything! These are my favorite rides at Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World.
My Favorite Rides at Disney’s Magic Kingdom
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train- One of the most popular rides in all of Disney, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a fun family rollercoaster that takes you through the story of Snow White. This ride has really mastered having a themed story ride combined with the thrills of a coaster. Despite the usual long wait, this is certainly one of the best rides at Disney World.
- Space Mountain- One of the most iconic Disney rides at the Magic Kingdom, Space Mountain is a true journey through space. You get to fly on a rocket ship through space and see all the stars. You are completely in the darks of space and feel the twists and turns of space travel. This ride is an absolute must.
- Haunted Mansion- Travel through this iconic Haunted House on another one of the best rides at Disney World. I love this ride because every single detail has been thought of and themed out. It really is a fantastic and fun ride with some great spooks.
- It’s A Small World- Easily one of the most iconic disney rides at Magic Kingdom, It’s A Small World showcases dancing figures from all over the world. You’ll see children dancing in classic clothing from many regions of the world, while the infamous “Small World” song plays nonstop. You can be guaranteed to have the song stuck in your head all day after.
- Peter Pan’s Flight- If you love Peter Pan, you will love Peter Pan’s Flight. You get to fly high above London. This ride takes you through the story of Peter Pan all while flying sky high above London and Neverland in a pirate ship. This is one of my favorite storybook rides and easily one of the best rides at Disney World.
- Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin- Fly to outer space with Buzz Lighter in this interactive ride. You get to ride around space in a futuristic ride and shoot at targets throughout the ride. Also, you get to compete with the other passengers in your car.
- Pirates of the Caribbean-Sail through an old Caribbean town on this iconic ride which spawned the hit movie series of Pirates of Caribbean. Also, be on the lookout for the popular Captain Jack Sparrow. This fun and simple ride is one of the original rides here at Magic Kingdom.
- Jungle Cruise- The Jungle Cruise is a long famed water boat ride full of sarcasm. You won’t see any real animals on this cruise, but listen out for the funny puns. The star of the Jungle Cruise is the captain of your ship who will be making funny jokes throughout the entire cruise. This has been a long favorite of the best rides at Disney World for many.
- Mad Tea Party- Spin around in giant tea cups in this Alice in Wonderland themed ride that has become such an iconic ride at Disney World. You will certainly enjoy yourself. You will come off the ride very dizzy.
- Under the Sea-Journey of the Little Mermaid-Journey under the sea in a giant clamshell to the story of Ariel the Little Mermaid. You will be immersed underwater with all the lights and music. Children and adults alike will love this one.
- Tomorrowland Speedway- On this racetrack of the future, anybody can have a drive around the track. The cars are on a track and kids love to be able to drive without going off of the track.
- Splash Mountain-Splash Mountain is one of Disney Worlds most iconic log rides featuring a giant drop at the end where you are guaranteed to get wet! Disney has announced that Splash Mountain will soon be transformed into a Princess & the Frog themed ride.
Best Disney Rides at Animal Kingdom
Disney’s Animal Kingdom is my personal favorite theme park in all of Walt Disney World. Once known for being just a half-day park, Animal Kingdom has really become a popular destination. With the addition of Pandora World of Avatar, this theme park definitely holds up with the rest. Pandora World of Avatar has brought some of the best rides at Disney World to Animal Kingdom. With so many different sections of the park to visit, including Africa, Asia, Prehistoric and Alien themed worlds, Animal Kingdom certainly is a fun day. Animal Kingdom offers some of the most thrilling rides that you’ll find in all of Disney World. This Disney rides Animal Kingdom guide is my personal pick for the best ones! This list is listed as my favorite to least favorite and why!
My Favorite Disney Rides Animal Kingdom
- Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain– Easily one of the best rides at Disney World Animal Kingdom! Escape the Yeti on this thrillling cable car rollercoaster! This is probably the most legit rollercoaster in all of Disney World. Definitely a must ride!
- Kilimanjaro Safaris-Go a on a real safari around the savanna’s of Africa on Kilimanjaro Safaris! You’ll see so many animals from giraffes, zebras and elephants to lions and cheetahs! Definitely one of my favorite Disney Rides Animal Kingdom.
- Avatar Flight of Passage– Ride on the back on a banshee and fly all through Pandora, the World of Avatar on one of the latest best rides at Disney World. This incredibly immersive thrill ride is equally fun and gorgeous. Discover the whole wold of Pandora.
- Dinosaur– Travel back in time to pick up an Iguanadon on this dinosaur thrill ride. You’ll see lots of different dinosaurs on this prehistoric thrill ride.
- Kali River Rapids– Flow down the river in this fast paced river rapids ride. You are guaranteed to get wet and to have a fun time. This is a very fast paced ride but so much fun on a hot Florida day.
- It’s Tough to be a Bug– This 4D show is all about the life of bugs. You’ll see familiar faces from It’s A Bugs Life during this super fun show. Not necessarily one of the best rides at Disney World, but it is a fun show.
- Na’vi River Journey– Experience the bioluminescent forests of Pandora on this river boat journey. Let the sounds of the forest at night paired with Na’vi music relax you through this beautiful landscape.
- Wildlife Express Train-A lesser known attraction is to take the train out to Rafiki’s Place. This is a very relaxing train ride that takes you out to the petting zoo and conservation area of the park.
- Animal Exploration-My final recommendation is to walk around all of the animal exhibits. Animal Kingdom is one of the best zoos in the world with incredibly immersive themed exhibits. There are so many amazing animals to see.
Best Disney Rides at Epcot
Epcot has long been known as the most adult park at Disney World. Split between future and past, Epcot has some very thrilling rides in Future World as well as the World Showcase. Also, with the addition of Frozen Ever After, Epcot has become home to some of the best rides at Disney World. You should not expect to have lots of young child oriented rides here though. The best Disney rides at Epcot are geared towards slightly older kids. You won’t find many toddler oriented rides either. You will find much more thrilling rides here as well. These rides will be a bit more intense.
In Future World, you can learn all about the technologies of the future. This includes lots of rides and attractions around space travel. In the World Showcase, walk through 11 countries from all over the world. You’ll see architecture, hear music, and eat foods inspired from each of those countries. Epcot is a really beautiful park. This guide will show you my pick for the best rides at Disney World Epcot and why. These are my top picks for Disney rides at Epcot.
My Favorite Disney Rides at Epcot
- Soarin’ Around the World- On Soarin’ Around the World, you get to hang-glide on a tour around the world. You’ll see popular sights from all over the world on this incredibly realistic hang-gliding simulation. Definitely one of the best rides at Disney World!
- Mission:Space- Travel to outer space on Mission: SPACE. You will board a realistic launch simulator. . This ride is so realistic that I could barely tell what was up. If you are prone to motion sickness this might not be the ride for you. But it is definitely thrilling!
- Frozen Ever After-Travel through Arendelle on a log boat and live the story of popular Disney film Frozen. This ride was definitely a highlight for my entire family, ranging from all ages. From the music to the characters to all of the theming, this is one magical ride on one of the best rides at Disney World.
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends-Go under the sea in a submarine on the Seas with Nemo & Friends. You’ll see real live fish along some familiar favorites like Nemo and Dory!
- Walk Around the World Showcase- While this isn’t a ride, one of the best things to do at Epcot is simply to walk around the “world” at the World Showcase. Many adult Disney goers like to “Drink around the World”, having one beer or cocktail at the stands around the World Showcase.
- Beauty & the Beast Sing-Along- During my family trip, we snuck in to a last minute showing of the Beauty & the Beast Sing-Along at the France pavilion. My young nieces really enjoyed the show and it’s a nice break from the heat.
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure-Although I haven’t been on this ride yet, I had to mention it. So, this ride opened the day after I was at Epcot. But definitely looked really cool from everything I’ve seen online. This is one of the those Disney rides at Epcot that you’ll want to try!
What are your thoughts on the best rides at Disney World? Did any of your favorites make the list? Also, why is your favorite ride your favorite? I know that everybody has different preferences on what qualifies a great ride. The typical rides of getting in a buggy and being taken through a story are a tad dull, in my opinion. But, these are more geared towards young children and the younger members of my family definitely loved those rides. You won’t really find any hardcore rollercoasters at Disney World. If you are looking for amusement park style rollercoasters that have lots of flips and turns and loops, you won’t find that at Disney World. But, you can always find that at Universal Studios or Busch Gardens which are somewhat in the same area of Florida.
Whether you were looking for the best rides at Disney World, best Disney rides at Epcot, best Disney rides at Magic Kingdom, or best rides Animal Kingdom I hope you found this guide to be useful. I know that there are probably a million guides on the internet about the top rides at Disney. So I’m very grateful that you spent the time to listen to my opinion on the matter. Check out my guide here to the best parks in Disney World for your next vacation. You can find more of my content all over my blog. Be sure to follow me on my social media accounts and sign up for my email list. By doing this, you’ll not only be helping support me. But you will also be notified anytime I upload more travel content that you may enjoy!
Leave a reply